COVID-19 Information and Procedures
Neurological Consultants of Alaska is aware of how the current situation with the novel coronavirus, COVID-19 is making an impact on everyone’s lives. To ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff, and providers, we are constantly monitoring Federal and State best practices and will continue to provide a safe environment for our patients and staff.
We will continue to provide first-rate neurological care as we modify our practice to protect you. We are closely monitoring the CDC and State of Alaska DHSS guidelines and will keep you updated when, and if, situations change.
To Protect Your Health
- When scheduling appointments, and with our appointment reminders, patients are asked about symptoms related to COVID-19 infection, such as fever >100.4 degrees, cough, or shortness of breath. Those with such symptoms will not be seen. They are advised to call their primary care provider or urgent care for evaluation or call 911 if you believe it is life threatening.
- We are limiting the number of patients scheduled each day in our offices so that we can allow for social distancing space (6 feet) between patients and staff. Thank you for your understanding if we may need to adjust your appointment time to allow for this spacing.
- We are not testing for Coronavirus in our clinic.
- Signs have been posted educating patients about COVID-19 and infection-control practices.
- We ask that unless necessary patients do not bring any accompanying family members to their appointment.
- Our offices are cleaned and sanitized many times throughout the day as part of our normal course of business. We will continue to adhere to disinfection protocols to promote a healthy atmosphere.
- Employees showing any sign of illness are instructed to not report to work and will be excused.
Patients with Existing Appointments
We highly encourage you to self-monitor your symptoms before entering the practice. If you are experiencing a fever (>100.4 degrees F), shortness of breath, a cough, or if you or someone in close contact, has recently ( within 14 days) traveled outside of the state, you must reschedule your appointment to a later date to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
We are currently updating hardware and software, in order to offer Televisists. To participate you will need to be Healow enabled through our EMR (easily accomplished) and have a smart phone or computer with internet connection and webcam.
Currently, it is difficult to know the policy of each insurance company. We are trying to obtain this information but each policy within the company can differ. We suggest you contact your company to see if telemedicine is covered and what restrictions they have in place for reimbursement of this type of visit.
Higher Risk Patients
It has been noted that patients over the age of 60 and those with pre-existing immune-system compromising or chronic health conditions are at a higher risk to experience complications due to COVID-19. We highly suggest you evaluate your situation and reschedule your appointment for a future date, if possible.
To reschedule please call 907-277-1623 or send us a message through Healow or the patient portal. Need assistance getting web enabled? Please call the office for assistance or to reset the password.